Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Nines


As a pastor of a church plant now going on four years, I still feel at times like there are so many things I don't know. This is coming from a youth ministry veteran of over 16 years and one who has been in ministry for over 25 years. But I'll admit it. I'm still learning. But I think that's a good thing. Know one should ever stop learning or think they've learned all there is to know, because the truth is, there's always something new around the corner. The culture changes, the nature of church ministry changes, the methodology of ministry changes and certainly in scripture I find that I continually learn new things from God! So, as I navigate the tenuous nature of church plant world, I'm still finding the need to learn from others. That's why I love to attend conferences such as Catalyst in Atlanta or North Point's Drive or sit down with fellow pastors and hear what they've learned along the way. One really cool ministry venue that I'm excited about is an online conference called the Nines. In one day, over 100 ministry leaders will share for five minutes via video everything they know! Not really, but they will share one nugget that has help them grow and change and feel that others could glean from. If you're not familiar with the Nines, check them out here http://thenines.leadnet.org and register today. You'll love it!

No comments: