Monday, July 27, 2009

Deeper

I long to go deeper! Have you ever said that as a Christ-follower? I have many times. Just what does it mean to go deeper? Well, for one I know it's a hunger to know Christ more fully in every way possible. By that I mean that nothing else matters but Him. His glory, his will, his joy, his love, his view of life is all that you desire. Now this is hard because I don't always live here and it doesn't come naturally. I have to desire it and I have to let go of me and be filled by Him. But I do want him so more and more to be my life. I believe this starts with a hunger and a thirst and desire and that if we're willing, God will fill us up with himself. And there has to be the disciplines of waiting on God in prayer and study of His Word. And I have to learn to sit in his presence more fully, waiting and listening and reflecting. That takes time! I have to free myself of distractions which is so hard but so necessary! Paul said, "I want to know him..and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death." (Philippians 3:10) That's hunger. That's wanting to go deeper! That's not just Sunday religion but an everyday pursuit! God, I long to go deeper with you, to know you more fully. Help me to hunger for that and to pursue it and may you fill me up with yourself. May that be enough!

No comments: