Thursday, December 11, 2008

Birthdays!

December 10. Well, another year, another birthday celebrated. What is it about birthdays that makes you feel important, at least for the day? And why is that they are sometimes hard and difficult to accept? I think we love the "Happy Birthday's" we hear at work or from friends, and the cards we receive. We love the attention. We love that we're noticed on "our"day. But when another year is added to your chronological age, you know reality is setting in. Am I that old? Do I look that age? Maybe my birth certificate is a mistake? But then I'm brought back to reality. Birthdays are to remind us that our lives are not our own. Each day we live, each breath we breathe, each step we take reminds us that God gives us life. And then I remember Psalms 139:16 and it all comes together. "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Birthdays are not bad. They are a gift forged by the hand of God in whose infinite wisdom I must trust. Thanks God for my birthday today. Thanks for the days given to me to live. Help me to live each day to the full. Amen.

1 comment:

Josh Via said...

Hey, happy b-day, bro. Thanks for the comment today. I meant what I said. We love and believe in your ministry at Crosspoint and we love Scott and Stef. Thanks for letting us borrow them on occasion. Blessings.